It’s now easier than ever to find all your super and consolidate it into your NGS Super account. You do it via the myGov website and it can take as little as 2 minutes.
Great news. This should take you no more than 2 minutes and the only information you’ll need is your myGov login details.
It should take no more than 10 minutes to link your account to the ATO, you can then find and consolidate all your super.
It’s really easy to set up a myGov account. The only information you need is your name and date of birth. All you have to do is link it to the ATO and then find and consolidate all your super. Job done. In just 15 minutes.
1. Go to my.gov.au and click on the ‘Create an account’ button.
2. Enter your email address and follow the 5 easy steps to create a myGov account.
3. Enter your phone number, create a password and three security questions. If you like you can also add mobile phone security ( just follow the prompts).
1. Go to my.gov.au and login. Then click on the ‘Services’ button in the banner or ‘Link another service’ under ‘Your services’.
2. A list of services appears. If the Australian Tax Office isn’t already linked to your account, you can link it by clicking the arrow button, on the right.
3. Now just follow the prompts and answer the questions. It will help to have your last tax return handy, and one of your super fund statements.
1. Go to my.gov.au and login.
2. Click the ‘Australian Taxation Office’ hyperlink.
3. Click the ‘Manage my super’ icon button.
4. From the submenu, choose ‘Transfer super’.
5. Now just follow the prompts and answer the questions.
We’ve provided you with an estimate of how much more your super might have earned if, five years ago, you had combined other super you may have with us. To do this, we’ve had to make some assumptions.
You can see our assumptions by simply clicking your age group button below:
Are your employer super guarantee contributions already being paid to NGS Super? If not, complete our Superannuation choice form and arrange for your employer to direct super guarantee contributions into your NGS Super account. If you don’t do this, your other fund may continue to receive money from your employer, and may set up another account for you.
Check if you have insurance with your other fund. If you wish to apply to transfer your insurance to NGS Super, make sure you wait until we’ve confirmed acceptance of your cover before you rollover your super to us.
See important insurance information below.
Any insurance cover you have with your other superfund will cease when you move the balance to NGS Super.
You may be able to ‘transfer’ your old insurance cover to NGS Super before consolidating your super balances. To apply, please complete our Insurance Transfer form.
Important: In relation to any transferred cover,
If you have already had symptoms of a health condition that may result in a claim, it may be better to leave some money in your old super fund and keep your other insurance cover in force.
If you are concerned about this, please call us on 1300 133 177.
If you apply to transfer your cover, please wait until you receive confirmation that we have accepted your insurance before consolidating your super balance into your NGS Super account.
It takes approximately three to five business days to implement the transfer of your money to NGS Super. Once the transfer is completed, you can view your combined funds by logging into ‘Member Online’, clicking on the ‘Contributions’ tab and then selecting ‘Rollovers/Transfers in’ from the drop down menu.
If you need help along the way, call the ATO helpline on 13 10 20 (Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 6.00pm (local time).
If you’re still having trouble or would like help with the details you need to provide, call the NGS Super helpline on 1300 133 177 (Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm AEST/AEDT ).
Important: This is general advice and it may not be right for you. See our general advice warning.