COVID-19 Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Claims Initiative18 Jan 2021 2 min read
NGS Super and our insurer TAL fully support the Financial Services Council (FSC) COVID-19 Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Claims Initiative. While the FSC initiative ended on 1 January 2021, TAL is pleased to be able to extend this to 28 March 2021.
This initiative is designed to further support our members who have had their employment impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and become TPD as a result of an illness or injury before 28 March 2021, giving rise to a TPD claim.
If members lose their job, are stood down or have reduced working hours due to COVID-19, this will not affect their TPD cover definition if they make a claim for a TPD disability occurring between 11 March 2020 and 28 March 2021 inclusive.
This initiative is designed to help members if they:
- were working in their normal capacity on 11 March 2020
- have had reduced working hours or lost their job due to COVID-19 since 11 March 2020
- become totally and permanently disabled as a result of an illness or injury between 11 March 2020 and 28 March 2021 inclusive
- have maintained their TPD cover at the time they became totally and permanently disabled and
- lodge their completed TPD claim form on or before 30 June 2021.
For people who meet the above eligibility criteria, TAL will assess their TPD claim based on their working arrangements as at 11 March 2020 (the date when COVID-19 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation) regardless of their employment status when they were totally and permanently disabled in the period 11 March 2020 and 28 March 2021 inclusive.
If you need to make a TPD claim, please call us on 1300 133 177. We’ll assign a designated claims officer to guide you through each step of the way.