NGS Super welcomes its new members from QIEC Super.
Below you will find a number of resources that will provide you with more information about the 6th May 2019 Merger.
The merger has seen NGS Super's assets increase to around $11 billion and membership increase to around 120,000. This merger has been a positive and exciting step for all members. The larger Fund now has a stronger presence in the superannuation industry with greater bargaining power with service providers. We expect to gain benefits from the merger that will underpin new products and services that can be offered to members in future.
QIEC Super members’ accounts were automatically transferred to NGS Super on 6 May 2019 and a new account was established in NGS Super.
Key dates for transitioning members
- 06 May – Your account transferred to NGS Super
- Mid-May – We sent you a confirmation letter for the establishment of your account
- 27 May – Limited Service Period ceased and we were therefore able to view and manage your account for you by phone or in writing
- Early June - QIEC Super sent you an exit statement
- Mid June - We sent you details about how to register to view and manage your account using Member Online. Your BPAY details are now available via Member Online by clicking on your personal details icon in the top right-hand corner of the home page. You have also been sent a letter confirming your account details including financials.
- September 2019 - NGS Super member statements will be sent. Your statement will include your balance rolled into the merged fund and transactions since that date. For transactions prior to the merge date, please refer to your QIEC exit statement (sent in June 2019). You can request a copy of your QIEC exit statement here.
Access your account online
If you don't want to wait to be sent a PIN, you can establish your Member Online access by taking the following steps:
- Go to Member Online
- Click 'Reset Your PIN' in the Sign In box and follow the prompts to set up a new PIN.
If you require historical transaction and other account information from the time your superannuation was with QIEC Super, please contact us and we will send you a copy of past statements.
Understanding unit pricing
It's important to note that your NGS Super account balance is represented in 'units' and not a 'crediting rate' as previously used by QIEC Super. To learn more about unit pricing, please refer to our Understanding unit pricing information sheet.
Do you have two NGS Super accounts as a result of the merge?
Some transitioning QIEC members previously also held an NGS Super account. An advantage of the merge is the cost saving from combining your QIEC Super and NGS Super accounts.
We are currently undertaking an assessment of likely duplicate accounts and will contact affected members directly. Affected members will have all duplicate costs incurred since the merger refunded to their NGS Super account.
In some cases, it is not possible to identify a duplicate account - for example, where the account names are significantly different. To ensure your duplicate accounts are combined, please contact us or call our Helpline on 1300 133 177.
Your NGS Annual Statement
You will soon receive your 2018/19 Annual Statement from NGS Super. Your NGS Super statement will look different to your previous QIEC Super statements and there are a few things you should look out for:
- Opening balance and roll in amount - As a previous QIEC member, you’ll notice your Opening Balance at 6 May 2019 (the merger date) is reported as $0.00. Your total amount rolled in from QIEC Super will be displayed in the Rollovers/transfers in section under the Your Transaction Summary heading.
- Insurance cover - Your insurance cover at 1 July 2019 is displayed on the front page of your statement. For more information about insurance please refer to the Insurance Transition Guide
- Beneficiaries - Who you have nominated to receive your benefit in the event of your death is shown under the heading Your Beneficiaries. It’s important to regularly review these details.
- Investment options - Under the Your Investments heading, you’ll find your investment summary as at 30 June 2019. Your balance in each investment option is calculated as follows: relevant weekly unit price x number of units held. For more information on unit pricing, please refer to our Understanding unit pricing information sheet.
To make contributions for QIEC Super members, you will need to update the USI in your payroll systems and clearing house. The USI for NGS Super is 73 549 180 515 701.
|USI||73 549 180 515 701|
|ABN||73 549 180 515|
|Superannuation Fund Number (SFN)||1345/339/49|
|Registrable Superannuation Entity (RSE) Registration Number||R1000818|
|Superannuation Product Identification Number (SPIN)||NGS0001AU
Member numbers for previous QIEC Super members have changed as of 6 May 2019.
However, for simplicity and continuity purposes, your new NGS Super member number incorporates the existing QIEC Super member number. QIEC Super members previously had a unique member number that was between 2 and 6 digits in length. A prefix of the digits '44' has been added to the start of your member number, followed by zeros where required to make your NGS Super member number a 9 digit number.
This conversion tool will help you determine your member numbers.
Welcome QIEC Super
NGS Super welcomes our new QIEC Super members from 6 May 2019.Find out more
QIEC Super & NGS Super - Significant Event Notice
To learn more about the QIEC Super & NGS Super merger, download the Significant Event Notice.Download
NGS Super Merger - Significant Event Notice
Changes to NGS Super members’ fees, investment options, insurance, other changes including the merger with QIEC Super.Download
Insurance Transition Guide
If you're a transferring member from QIEC super, download the Insurance Transition Guide to find out more about your Insurance cover.Download
Employer Transfer Guide
To ensure that the transition for employers from QIEC Super to NGS Super is as seamless as possible for you, we have detailed the changes in the Employer Transfer Guide.Download
Merger Fact Sheet for Employers
This fact sheet provides information for QIEC Super Employers moving across to NGS Super.Download
Frequently asked questions of Ex-QIEC Employers moving to NGS Super and accompanying answers can be found here.Download