Mother’s Day Classic 2014
This year more than 125,000 Australians joined the Women in Super Mother’s Day Classic breast cancer research walk and run, with record regional participation and a total of 98 events across the country.
Due to this year’s outstanding individual and team efforts fundraising, the Mother’s Day Classic is hoping to match or exceed their 2013 record donation of $5 million, on top of the $19.8 million raised in previous years.
The Mother’s Day Classic funds raised have gone towards breast cancer research which has facilitated a significant increase in survival rates. In the early 90s survival rates were 17%, today they have reached 89%.
The National Breast Cancer Foundation has funded a range of research projects, from enhanced detection, to improved treatment options, to support for the physical and emotional wellbeing of women with breast cancer.
- investigating the efficacy of 3D breast screening
- improving chemotherapy effectiveness
- developing new drugs to treat advanced breast cancer
- preventing the spread of cancer to the bone.
NGS Super also wanted to thank everyone who sponsored Anthony (our CEO) to walk in the Boardroom Challenge this year. He raised a total of $3,590 for the Mother’s Day Classic. Go Anthony!
NGS Super also sponsors the ‘Largest School’ team award in each capital city each year. The winners in 2014 are as follows:
- Brisbane – won by ‘Hogan’s House’ – St Ritas
- Adelaide – won by Wilderness School
- Canberra – won by Ainslie School
- Darwin – won by ‘The Doo’ – Humpty Doo Primary School
- Geelong – won by Kardinia International College
- Gold Coast – won by St Hilda’s School Southport
- Hobart – won by St Michael’s Collegiate
- Melbourne – won by Loreto Mandeville Hall
- Perth – won by Blue Gum Montessori
- Sydney – won by Redlands
- Western Sydney – won by ‘Onsie Mumies’ – St Paul The Apostle Primary School.
Information provided in this blog may have changed since the time of writing. You should confirm the information is current before relying on it.
More like this
NGS Super Scholarship Awards 2018 – meet the award winners!
This teacher took his class to help African orphans
NGS Super’s insurance services boosted with TAL partnership
Important notice about CommInsure
Boosting Financial Education in Bhutan
An innovative partnership between an Australian CEO and Bhutanese credit unions is helping rural people grow and thrive. Continue reading
CUFA Leadership Challenge 2015
CUFA Leadership Challenge 2015 Continue reading
Dedicated to the Dedicated Awards now open
NGS Super’s 2015 Dedicated to the Dedicated Awards is opened Continue reading
NGS Super Scholarship Awards 2014
Supporting the sector that supports us Continue reading
People’s Choice Awards 2014
Vote for your favourite in our People’s Choice Awards! Continue reading
Looking after your Emotional Wellbeing
Who are SuperFriend? Continue reading