You Could Be Eligible to Increase Your Insurance Cover18 Mar 2019 3 min read
Have you recently experienced a life-changing event or simply just had an increase in your salary?
Maybe you’ve just tied the knot; or perhaps you’re celebrating your child’s first day at school. Life Events can significantly alter your day-to-day routine and you’ll likely find yourself reviewing what’s important. At NGS, we understand that as your life changes, so to do your insurance needs. If you’ve experienced a Life Event in the past 90 days, you could be eligible to increase your insurance cover by up to 25%, without the need for lengthy underwriting questionnaires and procedures.
If you’re under age 60 and not working in a hazardous occupation*, you can apply to increase your cover within 90 days of the Life Event taking place.
It’s more likely than not that a Life Event will pop up for you at some point. It’s a good idea to keep the Life Event cover increase option in mind if you:
- get married
- give birth to or adopt a child
- take out a mortgage for the purchase of your first home
- send your child to their first day of primary or secondary school, or
- simply just receive a salary increase.
You can apply for a maximum of one Life Event increase every 12 months. For a full list of Life Events, visit our Insurance guide.
How to do it in 3 easy steps
- Log into your Member Online account. You can find your member number on your annual statement. If you’ve forgotten your PIN you can reset it online or over the phone.
- Go to the Insurance Benefit column and then to the ‘Access my Insurance’ button. Select the green ‘TAL insurance portal’ button
- Select the ‘Apply for a life event’ tile and complete the brief questionnaire.
Alternatively, you can complete a paper-based form here.
Find out more about our award-winning insurance in our Insurance guide.
Want to know more?
If you have any queries please call us on 1300 133 177 between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday (AEST/AEDT).
* Hazardous occupations include, but are not limited to, occupations involving hazardous or very heavy manual work.
This is general advice only and it does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the advice is suitable for you and your personal circumstances. Before making a financial decision, you should consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Insurance guide available at ngssuper.com.au/PDS.